Looking for testosterone therapy in Palm Beach Gardens? Give us a call to schedule a consultation!
When is it time for Testosterone Therapy?
Men’s hormone levels gradually decline after age 30. The most common male hormones to decline are testosterone, DHEA, thyroid hormone and human growth hormone. This decline has been associated with the following symptoms:
- Decreased muscle mass and bone mass
- Decreased muscle strength
- Decreased sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Weight gain
- Decreased energy and stamina
- Irritability and depression
- Difficulty sleeping
Benefits of Testosterone Therapy
More recently, studies have identified the potential metabolic consequences of testosterone decline, showing a potential role for low testosterone in age associated changes such as abdominal obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, increased coronary risk factors and metabolic syndrome.
Benefits of testosterone therapy include:
- Increased muscle mass
- Improved erections and sexual performance
- Increased energy and stamina
- Reduced fat
- Improved cholesterol and decreases risk of heart disease
- Improved bone density and decreases risk of osteoporosis
- Helps with diabetes
- Improved memory
- Improved mood and well-being
- Improved skin tone and elasticity
Testosterone is not the only important hormone to balance and optimize. Growth hormone levels typically begin to decline at the age of 20. An alternative to Human Growth Hormone is Sermorelin Acetate. It stimulates the pituitary gland to produce increased amounts of your own natural growth hormone.
Benefits of Sermorelin include:
- Reduced body fat and increased lean muscle mass
- Increased strength
- Increased energy
- Improved endurance and recovery time
- Improved sleep
- Enhanced immunity
- Improvement of skin, hair and nails
- Improved wound healing and decreased surgical recovery time
Men’s hormone replacement therapy will be determined after the medical staff at Youthful Balance Medical Center of Palm Beach Gardens reviews the medical history and patient symptoms, physical exam, lab work and can be administered in the form of creams, pills and/or injections. The therapy regimen will be a collaborative decision between you and the provider. Click below to contact us if you have questions or are ready to schedule an appointment!